Monday, November 4, 2013

So I did this today...


That is a picture of me sitting in a tank full of ice water. I decided it was a good idea to do something big, somewhat stunty, and rather dumb in order to get some extra heat for the project- so I invited some of the local news guys out, & we had ourselves a nice press event.

I sat in the tank of water (easily in the low 40s, upper 30s Fahrenheit) for over ten minutes- I was experiencing some interesting physiological effects after a while (couldn't feel extremities, brain stopped working at a desirable efficiency, etc.), but overall (& after a nice hot shower), I came out of the ordeal pretty well.

To pass the time & keep my wits while in the tank, I lifted weights, talked a lot, did crosswords, Vined my ordeal, & wrote a letter to my Aunt Sharon. It was painful, but I'm glad I did it because I think I achieved my three goals-

1) Use this event as a training event of sorts. Frigid water is a staple of the mudrun experience & I would be a fool to think that I won't be encountering it during the race. Best get it out of way now.

2) Show people that I mean business. I'm serious about this whole thing, & I want people to know that I'm willing to sacrifice & persevere in the face of adversity. I want potential sponsors to know that I'm a good bet.

3) Get attention for the cause. Drive eyeballs to the screen. Simple.

Anywho, I need to consume some warm liquids & rest up- it was a big day! I'm uploading the video of the fun & it'll be here on the blog soon.

Take care

Derek

No comments:

Post a Comment