Friday, November 8, 2013

Noticing a change - quick update

Hey all you's folks!

I've got a few moments right now in between work & working out so this is going to be shorter than normal.

Last night was one of the first times I've noticed a really significant change in my body's athletic ability since starting this whole thing. We were feeding, & during big cat feeding (especially with CARE's holistic whole-carcass feeding method) you're generally getting really dirty & lugging around some pretty hefty stuff. It's an arduous ordeal but it gives you a good chace to work out your CARE Muscles.

Basically, we have our tractor with a front-end bucket lift, we fill that bucket with meaty goodness, then we lift the bucket to the level of the enclosures, & we toss din-dins hither and thither to the hungry lions and tigers who run around like crazed lunatics below.

Fun!

I've fed countless times & I've always been able to get the job done. It's at least a two person job- one to drive the tractor, one up top to toss. Sometimes, when we're short-staffed, I have to fill both positions which involves driving, placement, climbing, tossing, descending, driving to the next one, & repeat. It takes a bit longer to perform, but again, I can git-r'-dun (oof).

Last night I had to do just that for the first time in probably a month & a half- only this time I noticed a fluidity like I've never experienced before. I was scaling & descending faster & with significantly less effort, and I was gripping & tossing the heavy food with greater ease.

It was neat!

I guess the workouts are starting to pay off. Maybe soon I'll have to get new pants.

Anyway, I've gotta go run!

Take care,

Derek

No comments:

Post a Comment