Thursday, October 3, 2013

Lately

I have a weird relationship with music. It's mostly healthy, but sometimes if I find a particular song I REALLY like, I will listen to it literally about a hundred times over the period of a few weeks.

Some may call this a 'quirky' trait, but it's a little obsessive really, & it certainly bothered my wife when I listened to Carl Sagan's narrations from the documentary series, 'Cosmos' autotuned & mashed up into song form over and over and over, so I have to be very careful to not bring others into my endless jam loops.

I liken my random music loops to dust devils actually. They whirl up out of nowhere, spin around and muss up the sheets hanging on the clothesline, but are ultimately harmless & dissipate without much of a to do.

Lately, because of all this mud run business, I've found myself listening to John Cafferty's song 'Hearts on Fire' at LEAST seven to nine times a day for the last week. For those of you who don't know, or are too young to know, this is the song which played during Rocky's training montage in the awesomely cartoonish & hilariously over-the-top yet still strangely inspiring movie, Rocky IV ("If I can change, and YOU can change..." classic). 

I listen to this song and I envision myself on an isolated Russian farm chopping wood & throwing rocks around much like the bearded Stallion once did, albeit my version is significantly less cool & significantly more bald than Sylvester Stallone's version was.

And with that, here it is for your viewing pleasure-



-Derek

No comments:

Post a Comment