Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Today's Workout 10-15-2013 & a little waxing at the end

I'm going to start posting some of my workouts to give you an idea of what I've been doing to prepare for the upcoming Spartan Race.

Today I'm going to be doing Sets of Pullups (ladder sequence) starting with ten & working down to one. In between each set of pullups, I'm going to do 10 pistol squats with each leg & 20 box jumps. Pistol squats are where you stand one-legged on the edge of a box, then you do a slow one-legged squat until your free leg touches the ground next to the box & you bounce back up to a one-legged standing position. Box jumps are as the name implies, I have to jump onto a box as tall as my middle thigh.

Here's how the workout breaks down-

10 pullups, 10 pistol squats (each leg), 20 box jumps
9 pullups, to pistol squats (each leg), 20 box jumps
8 pullups, etc. etc.

 After that's all done, I have to do 50 jackknife (of 'V') situps, where I lay on my back with legs straight & my arms extended upward. I bring my hands & feet together from their opposing sides (while keeping my arms & legs straight) above my midsection (making my body look like a jackknife, or a 'V').

After that, I have to run three miles.

You know, maybe I shouldn't type out my workouts. It's actually sort upsetting.

So far, I've recieved little feedback for the mudrun, but I'm not going to let that dissuade me. I set out to do this thing, and I'm going to see it all the way through. I have the mindset of Kevin Costner in Field of Dreams. He kept on converting his cornfield into a baseball diamond even though everyone thought he was crazy for it, and in the end his determination was rewarded.

"If you mudrun, they will come..."

I believe in this project. I know that I can get people to support it- it just needs to get traction. I work outside with the cats, & I see the things that CARE needs. I'm hungry to make this thing work.

Either way, I have to go and inflict pain on myself.

-Derek

No comments:

Post a Comment